running report week 6

There has been a lot of heat, bugs and humidity the first 11 days of July until today which is beautiful and not sticky. Still even with fascinating company in the house I did 'week' 6 of the C25K program.

Although my running days are more spread out, I did do week 6 exactly as specified otherwise.

Run 1 was a 5 min run, 3 min walk, 8 min run, 3 min walk, 5 min run.
Run 2 was a 10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 min run
Run 3 was a 25 min run.

Again there were outside factors that made this challenging. Mostly the heat, humidity and bugs. There were a few times I seemed to be getting a stitch but then it would subside.
I also had internal challenges, especially today. 25 minutes seems so much longer than 20. I really felt doubtful that it was going to be possible for me today, but I guess I still have a lot to learn about my body. Perhaps it can do all sorts of stuff I am not aware of...
My left ankle that I broke many years ago has been stiff and painful this month, so I am trying to give it a lot of tlc.

I did all runs outside so I am not precisely sure how far I am running. The loop I am doing is 2.2 miles long. I keep waiting for the endorphins that everyone raves about, but although some minutes are certainly easier than others I don't seem to be hitting a 'happy rush' yet.

I am feeling more confident about the race I'll do on August 7th. [unless it is very hot or something] Hard to believe that is less than 4 weeks away. Everyone has said that running in a race is easier, that the energy of the crowd carries you along so I think it will be fun. Again it will be on nice sandy trails that I prefer, and who knows maybe I'll be able to run the whole way.... Although I don't know that I would say I 'like' running, I do enjoy having an exercise I can do almost anywhere as long as I have the right shoes and bra. I certainly don't hate it.

So onto week 7, which is more of the same, I hope to run indoors at least once and get a better idea of how far I am going. Best of luck if you are currently challenging yourself with something new, you can do it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment