April Ease

The first week of April has been good to me.  

I had some big NSVs.  

My waist measurement took a dive and I am at 33 inches.  Nine inches off my waist since August.  Since I use the waist/height ratio as a proxy for hyperinsulemia this is a very important metric for me.

One NSV was mental. I acknowledge that I didn't give up last month when things were so hard. I kept on putting one foot in front of the other even though I wasn't feeling it. I have since heard from one of the IDM educators that March is a typical time for people to have a slump. I do think that is the perfect word to describe it. I felt like I was in a slump.

I did a 3 day fast this past week and it was good. It felt 'normal' and enjoyable. I focused on the good parts of fasting. I love that light, my digestion is resting, feeling. I also started measuring my GKI in the evenings. Seeing those low numbers at that point of my day was motivating. Except for an evening fasting booster when needed, the rest of my hours were clean - unflavored water and black coffee and tea. I also made my own version of 'ketoaid' morning and night to keep my electrolytes as happy as possible. My weight was within a half pound of my last low. All in all a great week.

This upcoming week I am traveling solo for work. I am hoping to fast during that trip. I will see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment