Hollandaise Sauce Forever!

I love Hollandaise sauce.  It is high in fat and wonderful and my kind of ketogenic food.

It can be a bit of a pain to make.

Also I am lazy about separating eggs and making sure the egg whites get used.  I hate waste though...

I have been making Mayonnaise with my immersion blender, it takes about 60 seconds. I make it with a whole egg (see paragraph above) because it's easy although a less rich. I am willing to take that trade off.

It hit me like a bolt of lightning yesterday, if you can make mayo with a stick blender surely you can make Hollandaise sauce.

Yes you can. 

Melt a stick of good butter. (don't let it burn).
Remove from heat
Pop 2 egg yolks (or if lazy whole egg) in vessel with lemon juice.
Whir egg and lemon juice with blender.
Add melted butter in thin stream while blending.
30 seconds later you have your sauce.
Season as desired. -Pepper, cayenne, salt, 
tarragon (then it's simple Bearnais sauce)

This makes me so happy.  And full - very, very full.

0 comments:

Post a Comment