When to push and more NSVs

It's the end of March and it has been a weird month for me. After 7 months of losing weight I have spent this month holding steady.

It may be my body needed a month to adjust to being 50+ pounds less. It may have been caused by the 13 restaurant meals this month! No matter what fasting pattern I tried I could not seem to convince myself to fast for over 41 hours and I only did 41 hours once the entire month. Was I more hungry due to my increased exercise levels in February or from increased stress or both? I also had a big emotional decision to consider and make, a lot of energy went towards that. Post-decision I feel great but implementing it gave me less push to keep fasting longer. All the above combined made my month a bit static as far as weight loss and there were no changes in measurements either.

This month had great things. The annual IMAD, Playford ball and Gilbert&Sullivan outings were fabulous. The snow is gone and spring is really here. My energy levels are good -lots of project work getting done. I stopped drinking flavored coffee and waters during fasting hours. I think (for me) they were triggering an insulin release. Several NSVs. Two recent: wearing a navy/white striped dress from my closet and wearing long pendants, they now hang 'right'.  I ate on plan all month except for one small piece of cake at an event. It tasted surprisingly good after I scraped off the frosting.

Looking back at March I realize that things went fine. It was weird to feel like my push setting was off or diverted but I couldn't force it or trick it. I hope that my scale movement (or inch loss) picks back up in April and I will continue to work on what I can control; my attitude and effort.

Of course I wouldn't be me if I wasn't going to try new things in the upcoming month. I am hoping my cravings lessen again. I plan to fast, hopefully 2-3 days. I plan to use bacon/broth/olives as a fasting boosters when needed. I will keep on avoiding flavoured water and coffee unless I am eating a meal. I want to track whether I am having a high or moderate protein day. I will use the "deck of cards" approximation to do this. Then I want to see if larger protein days are correlated with higher GKIs. I am considering moving my keytone/glucose measurement to the end of my fasting period to see what those patterns look like. Since there is a ton of travel planned for May I want to eat very very few restaurant meals in April. I wonder if I could do none for a month? I would also like to spend some time thrift shopping and find a new raincoat for the season. My old one, which I still love, is now huge on me. I also hope to get outside daily and notice spring coming.

I will see how it goes. As always I am a work in progress.




0 comments:

Post a Comment