it's been 3 weeks

Three weeks ago today I woke up coughing a dry cough. I didn't know it then but that was the start of my chicken pox odyssey.

It's been a really hard 3 weeks. I don't think I have been this sick since I had mono in college. Illness is a weird, weird thing.

I am now up to the point where I can attempt to work 8 hours from home. I notice that everything seems to take longer than I remember. I am fairly sure I am no longer contagious and I plan on going into the office tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to it in a way.

My life is slowly returning to 'normal' what ever that is. My body looks like I have been rolling in gravel. I have stopped craving my sickness related comfort food. [Mine is chicken fried rice, what's yours?]

At times I found it very hard to be awake in the moment while I was so uncomfortable. It was hard not to want things to be different. At times it was easy because the sickness was a fairly straightforward thing and that was all there was. I could be mindful of that simple uncomfortable thing.

Here it is, half of February 2011 is over. I basically missed Imbolc this year. This Friday is IMAD already and I feel hopeful that I will be able to enjoy it. There are things that I need to do and plan and some of them I am not capable of doing yet.

I guess I still need to convalesce. I need to carve out time to recuperate. I don't want to end up with pneumonia.

Unfortunately this cuts into writing/blogging time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment