waves of chilled lilac

This chilly spring has still been amazing. It has been quite breezy and my new wind chimes have been ringing gently for days. And it does seem like everything is blooming out at once.

Today I noticed my neighbor's huge hedge of lilacs is just about to pop open. Is it my imagination or are flowering trees and shrubs at their most fragrant just before they bloom? Anyway the result is cool waves of lilac breeze blowing into my bedroom window in a heavenly way. More precious because it is so fleeting.

The sunset was also unbelievable. The rays of light broke under the clouds gilding every leafing tree. The red maple against the blue grey sky looked like a painting and the newly leafed elm trees showed so many shades of green, light and shadow they were impossible to count. All I could do was stare and feel lucky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment