Five years ago today

Five years ago today I woke up and I was engaged to be married. Shortly afterwards I started this blog. I appreciated the double meaning of 'engaged' in my life at that time.

I look back over the past five years with a smile on my face, they have been good, changeful years and I am so happy that I do not have to plan another wedding any time soon. [unless it's that magic third one]

Today I read of the death of Jamesetta Hawkins, who most people know as Etta James. Bless her heart. Our first wedding song was At Last, chosen in part because of how wonderful Etta James sounds when she sings it. Our singer that night did a fabulous job with it, she too has an earthy powerful voice.

It always made me giggle a bit when we did something typical almost iconic for our wedding and this was no exception. It's a very happy memory. I am grateful for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment