Starting a week of deep listening

I have been pondering and playing with the practice of deep listening most of January. At times I find just the thought of deep listening scary, and my meanies voice their fears loudly. They are sure I will either do it wrong or lose myself [never to be found]

My inner meanies are certainly drama queens at times.

But it has also been, well kind of cool. I enjoy it a lot. Much like starting a metta practice, I'll keep my focus on loving or neutral conversations. I won't be playing with the most challenging discussions first.

So here goes, I am announcing my intention to have a deep listening play dates all week. Each day I hope to play with the practice and then focus on one of the seven aspects here in the blog.

For those who may want to play along here are the seven aspects:

Awareness
Presence
Silence
Wonder
Seeing Innocence
Seeing Goodness
Allowing

0 comments:

Post a Comment