The Science is Sound

The first part of January was devoted to my first extended fast. I went 9 days. It was interesting. I never reached that fabulous euphoric state that some people report. Maybe shorter fasts will now be easier. I hope so. I am 52 hours into a half week fast, my mind does seem a bit quieter this time around.

In regards to my overall goal of healing my hyperinsulinemia I would like to shift my eating times to earlier in the day.  The theory is without changing the foods or quantities that I eat, the earlier I eat the lower the insulin response.

It is a good idea but hard to implement. I feel the least hungry at breakfast. Culturally, evenings are the time to join with friends and family and eat a meal. Evenings are the times when my brain demands that I eat.  Such a cranky mind I have. Sometimes if I eat at the beginning of the day it seems to turn my cravings on for the rest of the day. I want it to work but the times I have attempted it have not gone so well. It makes simply not eating look easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment