Parties can be rough

Today was a wonderful birthday celebration for my mother-in-law.  I feel so blessed to have her in my life especially now that my own mum is gone. The party itself was really a mixed bag though.

There was food with sugar everywhere.  There were 2 cakes!  Tons of cookies. We actually forgot to serve the ice cream there was so much there. Things tasted weirdly sweet to me. My favorite grain free crackers were there.

I didn't want to eat at all but it was so hard being surrounded by all that food.  The smell of it. Since I was helping throw the party I could not simply go to a corner farthest from the food. I ended up snacking for 3 hours. When I wasn't hungry. I am not sure how many crackers I had. 6? 8? maybe 10 or 12? Ugh.

On the plus side, I did not have any sweets or breads. I ate a few plain shrimp and some almonds and brazil nuts. Some swiss cheese, a bit of chicken salad and olives and peapods. So mostly in plan. All of my ketogenic artichoke dip was eaten up. It was very popular. We have tons of olives left over. Which will not go to waste!

I am so glad it is done. I did pretty well all things considered and the birthday gal had a great time which was the goal. Now I need to figure out my game plan for the week with an early valentine's day restaurant meal on Wednesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment