Signs of Healing

Fasting has been a challenge for me this month. I think the weather and the disruption to my normal routines has been to blame. So I am always looking for the positive NSV to celebrate.

Yesterday for Valentine's dinner I had more carbs than usual. Which I had planned ahead of time. Gluten-free breaded fried chicken! Part of a yummy biscuit! Several pieces of toasted and buttered french bread with beef marrow and mushrooms - fabulous. And I know there were hidden sugars in some of the sauces/dressings. It was a great meal.

As expected my weight has shot up a few pounds, carbs make me hold onto water like crazy. But! Less than 12 hours after that meal I was in ketosis. A low level but still!  I am so pleased. This is a great sign of metabolic health and flexibility. NSV for sure.

I really think my cells are hitting their stride and using ketones/fat for fuel very readily. Yay cells!

0 comments:

Post a Comment