Howdy Wednesday

I seem to be in a bit of a daze this month. It may be from happiness that the weather seems to have firmly turned toward autumn. It may be that the miasma of depression at work is leaving me less than sharp mentally as well.

Really though things seem fine. It's my favorite time of year. I am enjoying my knitting. I still think writing is fun and the speed of my second draft is picking up. I am even having dreams about this years nanowrimo.

Thanks to the cooler weather I am back to running. The dirt/sand roads up by the cottage are soft so I only went about 1.6 miles, but still I ran for 30 minutes.

As you saw by my last post it's finally cool enough to turn the oven on and I am indulging in all the late summer fruits I can lay my hands on as well as experimenting with pastry recipes. The garden though small this year has been nice, I'll be freezing a big batch of dinosaur kale this weekend.

Soon there will be details about an upcoming dinner party and we'll also be throwing a soiree to celebrate the new waterfall.

The waterfall was my wife's project this summer and it's almost done. It is finished enough that we can run it and sit on the terrace listening to it splash. Heavenly.

So many things to be grateful for as well as anticipate. A concert next Friday, apple picking is planned and David Daniels is coming to the opera.

So theoretically I should have lots to blog about, we'll see how it goes.
Happy almost autumn to all .

0 comments:

Post a Comment