first outdoor run of 2011

It was hard to convince myself to leave the house.

Work had been a bear and even though I was almost sure that going for a run would make me feel better or at least sleep better, I was resistant. Even though half of me thought it sounded like fun especially since chilly temps are due to return swiftly, I almost didn't do it.

But I did and it was great to run outdoors, the first time running at all since my chicken pox. The sanctuary where I run looked totally different with all the trees bare. It felt so open. All the ice is off the water so there were lots of birds and some of the trees had urgent buds poking everywhere.

I ran and walked the 2+ miles and felt content and lucky. Especially since they are saying April snow on Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment