Artichoke Dip

It has been pointed out to me that I have never posted my recipe for my artichoke dip and that people would like it please.

So here it is quick and eay. I created it back in 2006, I wanted something lighter than the normal run of dips. It's also very simple, so use the highest quality ingredients you can find/afford. You will taste the difference. I find it goes better with beer than wine...

It can be made a day ahead and baked when you need it.

EB's Artichoke Dip

Mix together:

~3/4 c high quality Mayo
~3/4 c plain Greek yogurt
~3/4 c shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese [not from a can please!]
~2t lemon juice
~salt and red pepper to taste

[It's your call how spicy you want this, you'll have to taste it]

Coarsely and quickly chop up
~2 cans of artichoke hearts [not marinated] and add to the above.

Bake in an oven proof dish in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Serve with whole wheat baguette slices or crackers and enjoy with friends.
You know, unless you want it all which is understandable.

3 comments:

Mary R said...

Yay!

Red pepper flakes, or...?

Mary R said...

And how much of it did *you* put in, do you recall? Yours was delicious.

What size pan should I be prepared to use? My kitchen's not terribly well outfitted, but I can often make do.

Man I'm helpless-sounding sometimes.

engagedbliss said...

Let's see, either flakes or ground would be fine.

Um...I know it's silly, but I don't measure at all when I make this, that's probably why I never posted it. But maybe start with 1/4 t maybe 1/2 and go from there. I just shake and taste... not very helpful I know.

Let's see I think I cook this in a 6 c casserole dish, but if your dish is bigger it won't hurt and if you have small dishes you could divide it up and bake a little less.

I am so glad you enjoyed this enough to ask about it. I hope this helps.

Post a Comment