Is it a good thing that bread cools quickly?

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. Most people agree that fresh bread, hot from the oven, is delectable [and that it is very easy to gorge eat too much of it]

But it is such a tiny window of time, you remove your fresh bread*, cool it just enough so that you can cut it and then bliss. Bliss with butter and agave nectar.

Within a quarter of an hours it has cooled to nice home-made bread, but for me at least it is no longer bliss inducing. For those 15 minutes I find myself really wishing I could eat all the bread and feeling grateful that I can't possible do that**.

Also I like to think I am not overly suggestible but when you are standing next to a group of people in English County dancing who are all talking about the fresh bread they made that weekend well ....before you know it your mouth is watering and you are thinking that baking bread is a fine way to spend part of your day off. At least if you are me. I'm just glad they weren't talking about the cool bridge they were planning on jumping that weekend.

The bread is now cool and resistible at this point. Still can't decide if that is a good thing.

*there is no recipe here, any soft dough made with milk, eggs, yeast, flour, salt and slathered with cinnamon, agave nectar and butter will give you the same experience. Only you can decide if you want to do this to yourself.

**those with large households, if they are all present when the bread comes out of the oven, could probably see the entire batch disappear with ease in 15 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment