new challenge

I have spent most of the week pondering a new challenge [and not blogging] Now that the decision has been made I am petrified but have the mental space to share about it.

Like so many of life's challenges I am acutely aware this would not be a big deal to many, many people. My eldest sister, mother, wife, mother-in-law included. But for me it is a huge thing, one where all my perfectionism can come and play with every body image issue. Delightful.

For all that I am going to do it. I am sewing my own dress for the next Playford ball. I hasten to add that my wife is guiding me through this process as well as teaching me how to run a sewing machine. I have used a sewing machine about 3 times in my life and it's been over 15 years since the last time. Also my mil has volunteered her vast expertise, luckily she will be up visiting mid February, right in time to help me lay out and cut the silk.

So tomorrow: adventures buying pattern and fabric.

0 comments:

Post a Comment