garden already behind

Even though I grew up in a place where spring came earlier apparently I have acclimatized pretty well to MN and the late [or nonexistent] springs. So even though I thoroughly relish the really delightful spring we are having [still 3 weeks until official summer] part of me just wasn't ready to get with the planting, weeding and mowing any earlier than the past 10 years.

In fact, I am not sure how it happened but somehow the early spring resulted in putting things off in a big way. That seems backwards but still that is what is happening. Case in point; it is June tomorrow and only about 1/3 of my fairly limited garden is planted. I have plants that I must get in the ground. Also we are so far behind in the mowing but part of my brain can't figure out why, it's like I can't really equate all that cool, rainy spring weather with all the grass growth, even though I should.

The garden also gave me several surprises. My tarragon, oregano, thyme, lavender all came back. [first time ever] But my rosemary and dill didn't. I would have thought that the last 2 would have been the hardiest... the mysteries of nature.

Quick notes:
Ten more days until the first CSA drop off.
Still running, still writing.
Tomorrow night with friends Evelyn Evelyn [Amanda Palmer and Jason Webley] at the Cedar.

I hope everyone is having a stellar wrap up to the weekend. Happy June!

0 comments:

Post a Comment