running report week 5 [a,b,c]

I am still running .... but my "week" 5 was stretched out even more than I anticipated. Not only were there 3 different types of runs on the schedule but other events really interfered at times.

So first run was 3 intervals of 5 minutes of running. I did this 3 times. I really struggled to get running in, it was so humid outside and my gym had re-varnished a floor and the fumes just killed me for over a week. I felt stuck, when I tried to run I would start feeling sick after 10 minutes or so. It was pretty miserable but somehow I managed to stumble along and get some running done. Then last week I managed to get outside when the weather was decent and ran at the wildlife preserve and at our cottage, the dirt/sand paths were comfortable and I did 2 runs of 2, 8 minute intervals. It went well. And the week 5 podcast had great music luckily.

So this morning I did the 5 minute warm up, 20 minute run, and 5 minute cool down. I really didn't know if I could do it. It seemed like a huge leap going from 16 minutes total running in two separate intervals to one interval 20 minutes long. An increase of 4 minutes and no walking. I had to step out in faith and try it but I was so proud of myself when I was done. Perhaps even though mentally it seemed like a big increase my body didn't see all that much difference?

Here it is almost the end of June, I have been running almost 3 months and I can run 20 minutes. It is feeling pretty awesome. So onto week 6, it also is several different run types in one week, I may just see if I can do it they way the suggest. I'll be doing my 5k first race the first week of August when I am in Michigan. More running updates to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment