pirates are just fun

We celebrated one of my favorite spring traditions last night. This year the opera was The Pirates of Penzance. The cast did a superb job, the chorus was rousing and our seats were very good. I really enjoyed the voices of all the female leads, I don' t know that I can pick a favorite. Really the entire cast was wonderful.

We started the evening with a lovely dinner at Christos. It took awhile but I did manage to finally choose an appetizer, hummus this time. They are just all so good. I had the Kota Zakinthos which is a favorite entree, but this time the use of the sun dried tomatoes was a bit overwhelming but it was still a delightful meal. Lots of leftovers as usual. Post play two of us went to spyhouse for drinks and cream puffs. This are rich and not very sweet and I enjoyed my rare dessert out immensely. I wonder if they come from Patesserie Margo. Margo made our wedding cake so no wonder I love the cream puffs. The group was slightly smaller than some years but that didn't seem to decrease our enjoyment. I'm a bit sad that it's over for another year. Next year they are doing "Patience" which I have never seen. So I am already looking forward to it.

Unfortunately although the run for the operetta has just started they are entirely sold out. I really thought this year you would have a chance to buy tickets for something I was praising. Perhaps you can try your luck for unclaimed tickets before the show? Less than 24 hours until Spring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment