yeah music and 4th garden reflection '11

Lots of stuff going on = less blogging time.

So lots of upcoming music this autumn and I am looking forward to it. Last Friday I went out with a friend to see Tret Fure at a nearby coffee shop. It was very small and intimate. For me she is one of those performers I enjoy live but their recordings don't really do it for me so I was happy to get the chance to see her again.

It is so fun to see these women performing who started so long ago in the 70s and early 80s I think. I love being reminded of the strong generations of women before us. Beautiful.

Second bed, SW, the good:

Sorrel, I have already waxed lyrical about it here. My tarragon transplanted successfully. The calendula planted here and in bed 3 were cheerfully orange and the summer savory delicate and pretty.

Second bed, SW, the bad:

Those pink carnations with no scent, so disappointing. The calendula need to be dead-headed daily so I am on the fence if I will have those again. The lovage stayed at about 1 foot not the 4 I was told so the background against the fence was never there. Though it is celery like it is too bitter to eat raw, but I am hoping cooked it will work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment