CSA = brilliant box

The early spring in these parts has resulted in our CSA being even more fabulous this year. I am so glad we went down to every other week, because even with house guests and parties it's still a challenge to not let anything go to waste.

Last week our box had: cucumbers, green beans, carrots, beets, fresh garlic, summer squash, cabbage, lettuce, cilantro, basil, snow peas, sugar snap peas, green onions. It was all fantastic.

I made my first attempt at a blue cheese dip to go with a lot of those fresh veggies and people at the party seem to like it pretty well.

EB's blue cheese dip

1/4 c blue cheese [as strong as you like]
1/4 c mayo [could be part sour cream]
1/2 c plain yogurt
chopped cilantro [or any herb you have handy]

whirl in food processor for smooth or mash with fork for chunky and enjoy.

The yogurt gave this a nice lightness and tangy-ness that people seemed to like.

We didn't quite get all the lettuce eaten before it died. Oh well, I hate throwing food away. I have a goal to not let any of it go to waste we'll see if I succeed some box. I hope everyone is getting a chance to enjoy fun local stuff this month. Stay cool.


0 comments:

Post a Comment