weather whining

You know the one that goes 'grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change'? Sometimes it is not all that clear what we can change and what we can't but one thing I am absolutely sure that I cannot change is this crappy weather.

*sigh*

So I know this but still I just dislike this weather so much. I feel silly complaining about typical July weather in Minnesota. It's hot, humid, muggy, sticky, buggy and occasionally rainy. The rain drops the temperature a bit but it just keeps on being hot and muggy. Although this year the rain isn't giving a few hours of relief still it's typical summer weather in MN. Which I dislike more than I can say [although I could go on] and I grew up in Pittsburgh which has plenty of muggy weather so it's not like this is new to me. Why did this weather not bother me as a child?

I have a love-hate relationship with my air conditioners and fans. On one hand they so make my life bearable I love them dearly for the comfort and semi-dryness they bring, on the other hand I feel like I am living in a wind tunnel and I am getting so tired of the constant noise. Then back to the first paragraph of this post.

What if anything can I do to increase my acceptance of this weather that I hate so much? I don't have to suddenly love it but I would like to soften a bit and not be in a constant state of 'ick, ick, ick'. It so stressful but, perhaps because it's primarily a physical reaction, I have problems really connecting to it?

We haven't had a long stretch of weather like this for quite a few summers. Perhaps I will acclimate? Seems like I will have a while to work on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment