food! cooked by others

This past week had several interesting food experiences, way more than I usually have in one week. It also made me realize just how much I miss Heidi's since it burned down in February.

Sunday-dinner before dancing with friend at Obento-Ya, fabulous as usual. It was chilly so I didn't have sushi this time, [I'm not crazy about cold food in cold weather] but we had classic bento boxes and dumplings to start and were very happy. And were still able to dance afterwards for a couple of hours, the food is never heavy.

Monday - quickie meal at the Bryant Lake Bowl, their mock dock rolls, an entree pretending to be a starter are fabulous. The salad we shared was good but it was too much with the rolls. We were stuffed to the gills.

Tuesday - My wife and I went to Vincent. Since this was our first visit here I am still processing my impressions. The food excellent [scallops, halibut] to quite good [salad, gnocchi] . Wine recommendation excellent. The panna cotta,, hmm perhaps an old classic that had been tweaked too much, it was in a glass and rather runny. The room was very beige, the staff very nice, the location right downtown was fine.

Thursday -- a gala dinner with friends to support Dining out for Life at Al Ventos, a platinum sponsor. This is probably my favorite April ritual, getting the list of participating restaurants and finding the one, then gathering as many people as we can to go out and eat. We eat at Al Ventos quite often so we know what is reliably good and what is not. Their desserts seemed turned up a notch in the sweetness range, our table was not happy about that. But still a lovely evening. I hope everyone had something yummy to eat this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment